/* */

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting"


Title: Quote by Mary Wortley Montagu

So the e-reader situation.
I read up on information.
I spoke with people at Best Buy.
I played with both big names.
I had already made my decision.
Then there was a sale.
This solidifies my decision.
I present you my final choice:


I bought it last week and I ADORE it.
Like, love.
The reasons I chose it?
First off, I liked the touch screen instead of the key board. It's easier for me.
Second, playing with them I found the Nook's pages and such easier to navigate overall.
Third, the touch screen portion? Color. Love it.
Forth, overall the reviews I read, most went with the Nook.
Fifth, there are waaaaay more cute nicknames I can use for the Nook vs the Kindle.
For me, it was no contest in the end.

Do I miss the feeling of holding a good book?
Yes and no.
I'll always love books. There is just something about them.
But the Nook is waaaay easier to hold and read.
No pages flopping shut.
No more bulky books in my purse.
I've already finished one book (Water for Elephants) and started on a second (My Horizontal Life).
My favorite finding?
Being able to borrow e-books from the library.
Free books... Not having to leave home... LOVE.

I've fallen in love with the Nook!

11 comments:

amy said...

I use the Nook app on my phone and I love love love it!!

I have purchased a few books that are lendable if you are interested.

Suget said...

whooo hoo. I think just reading this I am sold! i would love to take one on vacation... too bad I'm always the driver, because I would so be sitting passenger with a nook reading an e book ):

Lauren said...

eReaders and hard copies of books aren't mutually exclusive, if I want the hard copy or to go browse the bookstore I don't hesitate to do so. But My Nook has made reading so much more convenient and enjoyable, I know you will love it!

bananas. said...

see i like the page flipping...and the book covers...and the smell...so yea i couldn't do a nook. at least not yet. but i'm very happy you like yours. :)

Meghan O said...

i think i'm leaning more towards the nook and after your review of it you helped me lean even more towards it. it will be a few months before i get one but i think in time i'll join the nook club :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I still haven't changed over to an e-reader but I'm intrigued.

Alexa Mae said...

Ahhh!! Somuchfun! I am jeal. Those things are boss and you are a reading machine. Check you out hot stuff. ;)

Anonymous said...

Entertainment Tonight -Entertainment tonight is of different types the enjoyment taste is different depending upon the habit of people some time interests, habits, tastes and hobbies urge the people to choose the right source for relaxation.

Elysie Piecie said...

I love the quote at the beginning. It's great! I love my Nook. If I really want a book, i.e. it's in a series or it's cheaper, I buy it...but a Nook is a great alternative. I can't wait to start lending books with you :D

Nancy Face said...

Yay, that's so fun that you got it!

I am foolish and don't love technology, so I'm still reading bulky books! Gee whiz, I still use CD's and don't have an iPod! Ha!

linnykins said...

One of my cousins just got this, and has been raving about it...nice to hear more positive things about it :)