/* */

Friday, April 2, 2010

"I'm Gonna Make Your Life So Sweet"

Title: Archies - "Sugar Sugar"

Well hello Good Friday. Unfortunately I have no been blessed to have today off like many so I take this opportunity to blog it up!

Seeing as Easter is this Sunday (uhm yay!!), let's talk about something really important.

EASTER CANDY!

Now I don't know about you all but my sister and I grew up getting candy baskets. When we were little, not only did we get one from my mom, we;'d go to our Pop-Pop and Mammaw's house and they would hide eggs and our baskets and let us loose in the yard trying to find them all. It's one of those treasured memories from my childhood.

Now seeing as I'm now an old and decrepit 22 years old (almost 23!), you'd think it would have passed. But I excitingly report that my 22 year old self and 32 year old sister still receive candy baskets from my mom. Yeah, she's legit. The only difference has now become that we have to share with the man in our lives (don't worry, we still pick out the best candy for ourselves before they get their hands on it) and in stead of bright baskets, my mom finds something we can use around the house to put the candy in. Last year we had a convertible tupperware container filled with yummyness. I still get excited coming down Easter morning to see them sitting on the table. 8)

Now let's get to the good stuff. There is SO much candy but let me tell you about my top 5 favorite Easter candies!

5. Jelly Beans.


Not just ANY jelly beans. Yes, the gourmet ones are yummy but my favorites are Starbursts followed by Jolly Rancher. I keep a bag in my office draw and get a few out during the day to give me a sugar fix to last me til lunch. Word of the wise, the Life Saver ones are not that yummy.

4. Hershey's Cookies n' Cream eggs


Sadly, I could not find a picture of these delicious chocolates online so the picture of the cookies n' cream kisses are close enough. These are new as far as I know. I've always loved this candy bar but I'm not a big candy bar buyer. I never buy whole candy bars, too much to eat at one time, I'm a mini type of person so when I found these just this year, I was IN.LOVE. Cookies?! White chocolate?! Need I say more?

3. Milky Way Eggs


Milky Way is probably my top favorite candy bar. It has caramel in it, you know I snatch that up! So finding them in egg form for Easter is perfect. Mmmm.

2. Peeps


If there would be a candy list without Peeps on it, I'd be totally sad. I remember once upon a time we only had peeps at Easter time, slowly we had pumpkin Peeps for Halloween then hearts for Valentine's Day, not just any hearts, flavored hearts. And now I'm pretty sure Peeps now span all holidays and I'm totally okay with that. I love there marshmallow yumminess. And they are totally better stale. It truly is the best way to eat them!

1. Dove Truffle Eggs


This is the numero uno in our lives. Dove Truffle eggs are -only- available at Easter time so my family goes nuts over these. The moment one person spots them in the store, you best believe the rest of us will be notified immediately. I mean really, dove chocolate? Truffle? You can't go wrong. My mom usually buys out supplies for these babies and we fight over who gets the most in the Easter baskets. It is serious business.

So tell me, what are your must-have Easter candies??

24 comments:

Tara said...

Starburst jelly beans are my FAVE and as far as I can find, can only be bought at Easter.

I didn't know about the Cookies and Cream eggs. I'm gonna have to try to find those

JB said...

I had forgotten about the snickers eggs! I will be going on a hunt for them this weekend!

Mar said...

Happy Easter, my dear!

My favorite Easter candy has to be Freia PĂ„skeegg - http://tinyurl.com/yftdrxz - which is very Norwegian and so delicious that if this was the only thing I could eat for the rest of my life, I would. Even if that would mean I would have to be in a cabin without running water and electricity... They are that good.

x

Alyssa said...

ZOMG Milky Way eggs!?!? Milky Ways are my fav candy bar too...No idea they came in eggs!!
My fav Easter candy would be the Starburst jelly beans too. So good. Although I don't get baskets anymore :( Sometimes the Momasaurus Rex will give me a bag of these though. Yummy.

Brittany said...

Yum yum yum! I can't wait for some Easter candy!

You forgot Cadbury Eggs! :( They're my fav!

Happy Easter!!

Vanessa said...

Tara- yes, please stop whatever you are doing and get cookies n cream eggs! I haven't been able to find starbursts jelly beans any other time either. Boo.

Jess- Mm snickers! They are yummy too!

Mar- No food, not even caramel could make me give up running water and electricity. More power to you. Haha.

Alyssa- yes go get the eggs! SO good! Glad your momma still gets you something!

Brit- I didn't forget them, I *hate* cadbury eggs. Bleh. You can enjoy them enough for the both of us! ;)

heather said...

I'm with Brit, I lurve cadbury eggs. However, my all time fave Easter candy is Mini Eggs. I can eat my weight in those things!!!

erika sorocco said...

Pink jelly beans and Cadbury Cream Eggs. Both of which I have not indulged in this year at all. I so need to change that!

Happy, Happy Easter, my love!! :)

Jenn with 2 N's said...

the must have Easter candy are the Reese's Eggs!!!!! And of course peeps! What would the day after Easter be without peeps bought on sale?!

Kell said...

You are my candy, girl!

Two jelly bean types to not ever taste (I know from experience) Sour patch kids, and sweetarts. Yuck!

Heather said...

I unfortunately HATE jelly beans, but I do love me some PEEPS!

Have a great Easter! Can't wait to hear what you get this year :).

Christina said...

My dad always got us easter baskets and v-day baskets. He still does if I'm down at my parents for those holidays.

I totally love Starburst jelly beans. I discovered their amazingness last Easter actually!

Vanessa said...

Beach Belle- I've never had the mini eggs but if they have that nasty gooey stuff that the big ones do, I'll just let you enjoy them!

Erika- I hope you did enjoy! Mmm pink jelly beans are the best! It usually means strawberry, which is my favorite!

Jenn- Mmm peeps! I'm a fan of home made peanut butter eggs but reese's are pretty darn good too!

Kellie- I LOVE that song!! I will make sure to avoid them! I do love me some regular sour patch kids though!

Heather- I'm so sad to hear you hate jelly beans! How sad. 8( But peeps are the BEST!

Christina- Aww that is so cute! I hope you venture down there this weekend then! Mmm Starburst jelly beans are the scrumptious! I hope my mom remembered to get some.. Haha.

stylefrontier said...

hersheys never goes wrong. but uhmm.. i like kinder bueno or snickers too haha
Happy easter dear

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've given you the sunshine award!
http://splendidem.blogspot.com/2010/04/awardage.html

omg. chocolate. you have ruined my resolve not to go eat the chocolate that, despite my being in my 20s, my mother also bestows upon me. mmm.

Marci Darling said...

I'll admit I'm not a fan of peeps, but I always enjoy the pastel colored easter m&ms!

bananas. said...

i'm not big on easter or easter candies but i won't say no to a reese's easter egg :)

Elizabeth said...

HAPPY EASTER! Hope you had a nice weekend!! :-)

Alexa Mae said...

ohhh those snickers eggs were bad to me this weekend. and the reeses ones...and the...everything!! too much temptation.

E said...

You do not play around! I have to have peeps for it to be Easter :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I had a few Reese's Pieces eggs this weekend. Delicious. And Kinder Eggs!

Unknown said...

Oh my word...Milkey Way eggs...yum! I also love the Hershey's eggs that are only out for about 5 weeks...I stock up!!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Nice! I also am a huge fan of See's Candies but I will take what I can get :)

Ivy said...

Starburst and Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans MAKE Easter, that and biting the ears off a hollow bunny :)

Cheers~Ivy