/* */

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"I'll Eat You Up, I Love You So"


Over the weekend, in between lots of sleep and lots of more sleep, a group of us went and saw this movie. We group up with this book and we were super excited to go see it.

The verdict?


I was pretty disappointed. Now first of all, the images were amazing. They brought the characters right out of the book and it look awesome. I really just wanted to hug Carol, I'm not going to lie.

Now that being said, the movie let me down. I remember the book being fun and excited and the animals dancing and having fun. Now they had fun, but most of the movie was depressing. We cried. Kids movies aren't suppose to make you cry! Not that I think this movie was made for kids (nor do I think kids should go see it!), the movie was made for the adults who read the book as a child. The movie was centered are metaphors. All the animals were representative of either Max or someone in Max's life.

Now Max, he has some issues. Serious issues. All I kept thinking was "Wow, I don't remember him have mental disorders in the book." This kid bit his mom, called her woman while standing on the counter, tackled his dog and made it look like he was trying to kill the dog. It was creepy.

The ending was sad and abrupt. I really don't want to go into much of this for those of you who want to see it. I would recommend waiting until DVD because it wasn't worth the money for the theater. Overall, the movie was okay,. There was cute parts and funny parts. I guess I was just looking for it to be more fun, like the book was for me, and not so deep like they made it out to be.




2 comments:

Alice said...

I was trying to decide if I should go with my kids or not...thanks for the warning! :D

Alexandria said...

Man...I was SO thinking this movie was going to be amazing! I loved that book so much when I was little...I dunno I might still fork over the dough for to see it!