/* */

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rough Morning


So there is something you should know about me.

Seriously, I'm a grump in the mornings. I hate waking up. I hate being woken up. I hate getting up. If I had my way, I'd sleep 12 hours a day. I'm the person who in the morning, you do not even bother trying to talk to. I will ignore you, words go through one ear and out the other. I will not answer if you ask me questions. I'm that horrible.

Now that being said, this morning sucked. Vito lives with me (save the living in sin business for someone else. If he didn't live with me, he'd probably be out on the streets because his family obviously doesn't care.. but that is a whole another issue and a whole chapter of posts.). Today on this glorious Wednesday, Vito had off of work. I was disturbed from my beauty sleep being slightly shaken and hearing "Vanessa? Vanessa wake up." What do you think my reaction was?

I sat straight up going "What?! What?! Am I Late?!?!" What do I get for a response? "No honey, just come here and cuddle with me."
.
.
.
.
.
.
You. Seriously. Woke. Me. Up. To. CUDDLE?!

This is the point where I start mumbling obscenities that he probably couldn't understand, turn over and go back to sleep as he tries to cuddle up to me. Fine, this would be fine... if only this man could lay still for any extended period of time. I got so agitated I started to count the seconds in-between his movements. Want to know the longest amount of time? 17 flipping seconds. I got tired of it and finally sat up and and asked him what his deal was. His response? "I thought we could spend some time together." At 7? In the morning? Before I'm suppose to be awake?

I tell him to get out of bed so I can go back to sleep and then what do I hear? My alarm. Ugh. Talk about a rough morning...

No comments: